Hey, if you have questions about the castle, shoot me an email at Lance@KeeneSystems.com
CEO, Keene Systems, Inc.
Lance started his professional career in 1980 as a 74F Programmer/Analyst in the US Army. He was stationed in Schwetzingen, Germany at the 25th Data Processing Unit and worked with IBM mainframes. In 1987, Lance founded Keene Systems Inc. while studying computer science at Florida Institute of Technology. He served as a consultant to IBM, Texas Instruments, Mack Trucks, Inc. and EDS. Lance has developed custom software solutions for Calvin Klein, Elizabeth Arden, Bayer, Mary Kay, Hershey, Hormel, Ciba, Tootsie Rolls, Ralston, Sara Lee, Smucker’s, Pfizer, Uncle Ben's, Ocean Spray, Cadbury, Prestone, Monsanto, Kimberly Clark, CVS, Dana Farber, National Geographic, Guinness, Reynolds Aluminum, Monsanto, Saucony, Planet Aid, the Houston Museum of Fine Arts, and many more. Keene Systems, Inc. continues is still going strong after 35 years of being in business and now has a staff of 30 developers.
Lance speaks English, Spanish, German and French and founded the Lowell, MA Spanish MeetUp Group as well as the Plymouth, NH French MeetUp Group. He speaks Spanish at home with his Colombian wife and is raising his three kids bilingual.
A lifelong learner, he has attended the following schools:
- The Army Computer Science School, Indianapolis, IN
- Vincennes University, Indianapolis, IN
- University of Maryland, Heidelberg Germany
- Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL
- Boston University, Tyngsborough, MA
- Daniel Webster College, Nashua, NH
- University of New Hampshire, Manchester, NH
- Northern Essex Community College, Haverhill, MA
- Plymouth State University, Plymouth, NH
- Tony Robbins, Business Mastery Bootcamp, Fiji
- White Mountain Karate, Holderness, NH
In his spare time, Lance works on his lifelong art project, building an off-the-grid medieval castle in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Keene Castle originally started off as just a dream home to live in. But along the way, it became much more than that. It became a source of inspiration to others, not just for achieving one's goals in life but also to teach the world about alternative energy, and energy-efficient building methods and to raise awareness about climate change.